directory-users mailing list archives

From Manoel Matos <Manoel.Ma...@dia.govt.nz>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:44:13 GMT
Hi Oliver,

I might be missing some technical knowledge about it then...
I've done basic LDAP administration but it's the first time I'm developing for LDAP.

What I need to do is... Add roles and add users association with those roles...

Adding users is working fine... I need to sort how to add roles and associate them together.

I will stop being lazy and have a better read about LDAP and stuff...

I will be back with some question when I get a better picture about it.

Cheers.

Manoel Matos

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Schmidt [mailto:oliver.schmidt.wue@arcor.de]
Sent: Friday, 22 July 2011 3:19 a.m.
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.

Hi Manoel,

doesn't this depend on the ObjectClass(es) you use for your roles and
users?

E.g. if you'd be using posixAccount and posixGroup, then the correct
relation would be set with the attribute memberUid in your
posixAccount.

For other ObjectClasses, like organizationalRole and
organizationalPerson for example, you would set the attribute
roleOccupant in your organizationalRole.

Cheers
Oliver

Am Donnerstag, den 21.07.2011, 01:53 +0000 schrieb Manoel Matos:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been using Apache Directory LDAP API to add some entries in my LDAP server.
>
> How can I relate users with roles using the API?
> I assume it's another entry somewhere but I could figure out where exactly...
>
> Thank you guys.
>
> Manoel Matos
> Java Software Developer
>
> ====
> CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential
and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure
or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. Thank you.

====