directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 15:37:59 GMT
Hi Luke,

On 1 juil. 2011, at 17:27, Luke Shannon wrote:

> Hello;
> I have a LDIF I need to get running locally.
> I installed Apache Directory Studio Version: 1.5.3.v20100330.
> Here are the first three entries:
> dn:
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
> objectClass: devAccount
> o:
> dn: ou=rqUat,
> ou: rqUat
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
> dn:, ou=rqUat,
> devFailedAttemptsMax: 5
> ou:
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
> I created three partitions on my server for, rqUat and For each
I gave them the suffix listed in the info above. But when I connect to my server the partitions
are not listed? Only shows schema and system.

This is normal. You only defined the suffix of each partition in the configuration, but the
entry itself is still kind of "empty" (it's just a DN ATM).
You need to create for each partition its "context entry" either via an LDIF import or via
Studio using this guide:

> I have a schema file that contains the devAccount definitions and related attributes.
In the schema browser I was able to load these objects, but they don't seem to be available
to the server I am trying to load the LDIF on?

What is the format of your schema file ? Has it been loaded in ApacheDS ?
Could you describe a little more precisely your steps to insert the schema within ApacheDS?