directory-users mailing list archives

From Luke Shannon <lshan...@jaspersoft.com>
Subject Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:16:35 GMT
When I try the import of the LDIF I get an error for every entry like this:

#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for     Add Request : ClientEntry     dn: ou=attributeTypes,
cn=pti Ldap Schema, ou=schema     objectclass: organizationalUnit     objectclass: top
 ou: attributetypes : C:\Users\lshannon\.ApacheDirectoryStudio\.metadata\.plugins\org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds\servers\a4ce4525-5dd5-4444-82bc-c3e906cc3400\partitions\schema\ou=schema\cn=dev\
ldap\ schema\ou=attributetypes.ldif (The system cannot find the path specified)]

What is this file it is looking for? When I exported the schema to an LDIF I choose the option
to export it to a single file. I looked through the file and don't see any reference to an
external file?

BTW, if anyone on the list thinks they can help me with this, I will pay 50 USD (paypal) for
an hour session via Skype to anyone who thinks they can walk me through this LDIF import.

Luke

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <pa@marcelot.net>
To: users@directory.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 1 July, 2011 12:07:19 PM
Subject: Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions

On 1 juil. 2011, at 18:00, Luke Shannon wrote:

> I'm not sure what server generated this schema file, it came from a client I'm working
with and they are not available today.

> However, I was able to import the schema file into a schema project of Apache Directory
Studio using the Import -> Schema from OpenLDAP Files. All the objects appear in the Schema
project without error, however they are not available in my ldap connection (when I do a search
for objects in there nothing from the import shows up).

Your action only imported the schema file into the project in the Schema Editor. It didn't
imported it to the directory server itself.
To do so, you need to export it as LDIF file (that's the format ApacheDS accepts for updating
its schema) and then import this LDIF file using the LDAP Browser.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> I should add I am also really new to LDAP, so apologize if some of these questions are
a bit frustrating.

> Thanks,
>
> Luke

the Schema browser. However it seems my server does not have access to the objects I loaded.
Do ldap servers have a context or something?