directory-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schmidt <oliver.schmidt....@arcor.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:19:06 GMT
Hi Manoel,

doesn't this depend on the ObjectClass(es) you use for your roles and
users?

E.g. if you'd be using posixAccount and posixGroup, then the correct
relation would be set with the attribute memberUid in your
posixAccount.

For other ObjectClasses, like organizationalRole and
organizationalPerson for example, you would set the attribute
roleOccupant in your organizationalRole.

Cheers
Oliver

Am Donnerstag, den 21.07.2011, 01:53 +0000 schrieb Manoel Matos:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been using Apache Directory LDAP API to add some entries in my LDAP server.
>
> How can I relate users with roles using the API?
> I assume it's another entry somewhere but I could figure out where exactly...
>
> Thank you guys.
>
> Manoel Matos
> Java Software Developer
>
> ====
> CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential
and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure
or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. Thank you.