directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Community] How do I actually begin to contribute?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:19:33 GMT
On 6/29/11 10:19 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Oliver Schmidt
> <oliver.schmidt.wue@arcor.de>  wrote:
>> I know that there's some information on how to contribute on the web
>> site but how do I actually start contributing? I mean, whom do I ask if
>> I wanted to write some documentation?
> Are you already subscribed to the dev@directory.apache.org list? That
> is the mailing list for developers so I'd suggest to ask there.
>
> What kind of documentation do you want to write and contribute? For
> the API, the Server, or for Studio? I ask because we use different
> systems. The website and developer documentation is available in
> various confluence wiki spaces [1]. Also the API and the old server
> documentation is in the wiki [1]. The user documentation for Studio is
> written in Docbook and under version control in SVN [2]. For the
> server we also started to move the user documentation to Docbook and
> SVN, but I'm not sure what's the state here. I think it needs to be
> discussed which way to go (wiki or Docbook or something else).
Hi Stefan, Oliver,

I have little to add to what Stefan said here. Feel free to subscribe to
the dev mailing list and post questions.

Otherwise, atm, I think confluence is the way to go. I tried to use
docbook but, pfff, it sucks. I mean, XML this, XML that, it's for
computers, not for human beings. '<' and '>' are just a pain in the eyes...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,