directory-users mailing list archives

From Manish Kutaula <manish.kuta...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Problema adding attributes and schema browser not showing them
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 12:21:06 GMT
I got your point but still i am not figure out how to do it using
directory studio.
Is their any documentation available for it.

Manish Kutaula

From:
Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>
To:
users@directory.apache.org
Date:
05/18/2011 05:24 PM
Re: Problema adding attributes and schema browser not showing them
Sent by:
ayyagarikiran@gmail.com

cn=schema is supposed to be used for querying the schema only, if you
want to add a new attributetype or objectclass the best way is
to create them in the ApacheDS specific meta schema format (you can
use Studio to create them, it is easy) and add them as
normal entries to the respective containers of the schema i.e
if your custom schema name is FOO and you want to add a new attribute
type 'barAT' then the new attributetype entry should be added under
ou=attributetypes,ou=FOO,ou=config . Similarly for objectclasses it
should go under ou=objectclasses

Having said this, ApacheDS also has a feature to update the schema if
the changes are targeted at 'cn=schema', so what you have encountered
might be a bug, am not sure though, but the best way is to directly
make the modifications under the ou=schema partition.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Manish Kutaula <manish.kutaula@tcs.com>
wrote:
> Now, seriously this is giving me headaches. i added one attribute
> "secretA" and class "userPerson" using JNDI. The code is given below.
>
>  Attributes atAttrs = new BasicAttributes(true);
>                atAttrs.put("attributeTypes",
> "(1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.3.4.1 NAME 'secretA' DESC 'answer of secret
> question' EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> SINGLE-VALUE)");
>                ctx.modifyAttributes("cn=schema",
DirContext.ADD_ATTRIBUTE

--