directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: unable to set createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 22:17:15 GMT
Hi Hajo,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Hajo Kliemeck <klk@kybeidos.de> wrote:
> currently i'm building a LDAP facade (embedded LDAP server) for an
> legacy application. I noticed the operational attributes that are
> included in the LDAP RFC. I want to modify them to show up the
> attributes to a LDAP visitor. I tried something like:
>
> entry.put(SchemaConstants.CREATE_TIMESTAMP_AT,
> DateUtils.getGeneralizedTime());

Normally there is no need to set the createTimestamp and
modifyTimestamp manually. They are automatically set by the
OperationalAttributesInterceptor in the interceptor chain (I assume
you use the DirectoryService interface to modify your entries).

> but the LDAP server will not show up the attribute.

Not sure if that's your problem, but operational attributes are not
returned by default. The client must request them explicitely by using
the attribute name or '+' to request all operational attributes.

Kind Regards,
Stefan