directory-users mailing list archives

From Manoj Khangaonkar <khangaon...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP scalability
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 21:54:15 GMT
Hi ,

I am evaluating LDAP in general (Apache DS as possible LDAP) for use
as a user repository to be used for authentication /authorization for
a large scale web application.

The choice is RDBMS vs LDAP vs NoSQL.

I am well aware that LDAP is used by large enterprises. These
enterprises have typically thousands of users.
But have not seen it referenced in large scale web application
architectures - such as those at google , facebook, linkedin which
deal
with millions of users. ( They might be using ldap but I have not seen
anything on the web that says they do)

Can LDAP in general and Apache DS in particular scale to millions of
users ? Are there any blogs/articles on web that talk of LDAP use in
architectures of  very large scale.

thanks

--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/