directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to set createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 23:14:05 GMT
On 6/1/11 12:55 AM, Hajo Kliemeck wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> hmm, my request:
>
> hajo@apo:~$ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 10389 -s base -b
> "uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag" "modifyTimestamp"
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base<uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag>  with scope baseObject
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: modifyTimestamp
> #
>
> # albert.albern, users, mmw.ag
> dn: uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
>
> the modifyTimestamp should appear, but its not shown.. any idea?

Which server version are you using ?

The ModifyTimestamp AT should be returned.
>> Normally there is no need to set the createTimestamp and
>> modifyTimestamp manually. They are automatically set by the
>> OperationalAttributesInterceptor in the interceptor chain (I assume
>> you use the DirectoryService interface to modify your entries).
> i'm using the DirectoryService, but i want to set it manually because i
> have to set it to a timestamp i will get from a database
You can't set it. It's an operational attribute which is set by the
server. If you want to inject a timestamp in your entry, then you'll
have to define a special attribute for that.

>> Not sure if that's your problem, but operational attributes are not
>> returned by default. The client must request them explicitely by using
>> the attribute name or '+' to request all operational attributes.
> it is possible to show up the attributes by default?

No. You either have to list the attributes you want using their name, or
use the special '+' symbole.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,