directory-users mailing list archives

From Hajo Kliemeck <...@kybeidos.de>
Subject Re: unable to set createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 22:55:38 GMT
Hi Stefan,

hmm, my request:

hajo@apo:~$ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 10389 -s base -b
"uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag" "modifyTimestamp"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag> with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: modifyTimestamp
#

# albert.albern, users, mmw.ag
dn: uid=albert.albern,ou=users,dc=mmw,dc=ag

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

the modifyTimestamp should appear, but its not shown.. any idea?

> Normally there is no need to set the createTimestamp and
> modifyTimestamp manually. They are automatically set by the
> OperationalAttributesInterceptor in the interceptor chain (I assume
> you use the DirectoryService interface to modify your entries).
i'm using the DirectoryService, but i want to set it manually because i
have to set it to a timestamp i will get from a database

> Not sure if that's your problem, but operational attributes are not
> returned by default. The client must request them explicitely by using
> the attribute name or '+' to request all operational attributes.
it is possible to show up the attributes by default?

greets
Hajo

On 01.06.2011 00:17, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi Hajo,
>
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Hajo Kliemeck <klk@kybeidos.de> wrote:
>> currently i'm building a LDAP facade (embedded LDAP server) for an
>> legacy application. I noticed the operational attributes that are
>> included in the LDAP RFC. I want to modify them to show up the
>> attributes to a LDAP visitor. I tried something like:
>>
>> entry.put(SchemaConstants.CREATE_TIMESTAMP_AT,
>> DateUtils.getGeneralizedTime());
>
> Normally there is no need to set the createTimestamp and
> modifyTimestamp manually. They are automatically set by the
> OperationalAttributesInterceptor in the interceptor chain (I assume
> you use the DirectoryService interface to modify your entries).
>
>> but the LDAP server will not show up the attribute.
>
> Not sure if that's your problem, but operational attributes are not
> returned by default. The client must request them explicitely by using
> the attribute name or '+' to request all operational attributes.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Email:   klk@kybeidos.de
Telefon: +49 (0) 6221 - 616050
Fax:     +49 (0) 6221 - 616051
KYBEIDOS Gesellschaft für Systeme zur Unternehmenssteuerung mbH
Moltkestraße 27
69120 Heidelberg

Handelsregister: Heidelberg HRB 5460
USt.Id-Nr.: DE182073772
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Frenzel, Dietmar Hantsch, Dr. Michael Wiedemann