directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] prescriptiveACI not working
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 18:47:30 GMT
On 5/23/11 6:24 PM, Ron Woods wrote:
> Hi, Emmanuel,
>
> Yes, I did stop and start the server after inserting the prescriptiveACI attributes,
but it still didn't work.
What I meant is that if you stopped the server, as the cache isn't
correctly updated in 1.5.7, the ACI has been lost in the process...
> Sorry to hear that there is no current workaround; however, we can probably wait for
the next release:  Our application is still in design, at present.
Not a problem : we are currently discussing about releasing a new
version very soon, as we have quite a few problematic issues that have
been fixed since we released 1.5.7, and this could happen in the next
couple of weeks.
> While waiting for a reply to my question, I discovered that Apache Directory Studio can
create servers.
Yes. We did that in order to give a tool to people who want to play with
a server without having to go through the pain of installing it beside.
It's really very handy.

>   I did that and noticed the version is 1.5.6. Thinking that maybe it would work in the
prior version, I imported our directory into that server.  I added the prescriptiveACI, but
it didn't work in that context, either.  Should it be working in version 1.5.6?
No. Same problem.

We are also trying to cut a 1.5.4 release, with a more updated version
of the server. Damn, all those releases are depending on each others :/

Keep tuned, many new things will certainly occur in june.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,