directory-users mailing list archives

From Matt Doran <matt.do...@papercut.com>
Subject Custom LDAP partition and root/baseless searches
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 08:17:59 GMT
Hi there,

I'm using a *very* basic custom LDAP partition in Apache DS (it's an
older version 1.5.5, because at the time of writing this was the best
version to get a custom LDAP partition working).

We are using this embedded in our product to mimic a "real" LDAP server
for a very specific purpose (mainly around authentication and a very
basic user attribute lookup).

One of the services that is interacting with us now is performing a root
search (I'm not sure if that's the right term).   But basically they are
now doing a search without providing an search base DN (i.e. the search
base is empty "").  See the attached image for a part of the wireshark
dump for this search.

The problem we're having is that when we receive this search, the
"search()" method of our custom LDAP partition is not being called.  I
haven't been able to find the answer in your docs (probably because I
don't know the terminology to search for :)

So I'm wondering how we can hook into these baseless searches?   Is
there a way to set-up the partition so we will be passed these search
requests?

Is there a way to "plug-in" to handle these searches and modify them or
direct them in some way to our custom partition.

Thanks in advance!!!
Matt Doran