Hi,

 

I am completely new to LDAP and ApacheDS,

so if I am asking something silly, please bare with me.

 

I am trying to create Single Sign-on layer for few web apps using Spring Security3, CAS, ApacheDS

as per “Spring Security 3” book, ch.10.

(had many problems, latest – with CAS, but that is besides the scope here).

 

I changed configuration to use external ApacheDS on localhost,

Installed ApacheDS 1.5.7 & Studio 1.5.3

Tried to import sample LDIF file and on first node got an exception:

 

Error while importing LDIF

- [LDAP: error code 32 - NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for     Add Request

   javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 -

NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for

Add Request : ClientEntry

     dn: dc=jbcppets,dc=com

     objectClass: extensibleObject

     objectClass: domain

     objectClass: top

     dc: jbcppets

: ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc=jbcppets,dc=com];

remaining name 'dc=jbcppets,dc=com'

         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)

         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

         at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(Unknown Source)

 

Googled up a few interesting replies to that problem, most said that need to create Partition first with 'dc=jbcppets,dc=com'

 

So I tried many times to add segments like that to server.xml  partitions  section,

Following: http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/143-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html

Restart server, but still do NOT get new namingContexts in Root DSE.

 

<jdbmPartition id="sevenSeas" suffix="o=sevenSeas" />

      

      <jdbmPartition id="jbcppets" cacheSize="100" suffix="dc=jbcppets,dc=com" optimizerEnabled="true"

                syncOnWrite="true">

                <indexedAttributes>                    

                <jdbmIndex attributeId="dc" cacheSize="100"/>

                                <jdbmIndex attributeId="ou" cacheSize="100"/>

                                <jdbmIndex attributeId="krb5PrincipalName" cacheSize="100"/>

                                <jdbmIndex attributeId="uid" cacheSize="100"/>

          <jdbmIndex attributeId="objectClass" cacheSize="100"/>

                </indexedAttributes>

      </jdbmPartition>

               

      <jdbmPartition id="jbcppets" cacheSize="100" suffix="dc=jbcppets,dc=com" optimizerEnabled="true"  syncOnWrite="true"/>

 

 

Interestingly, although originally for  dc=example,dc=com  there was a namingContexts in right panel,

there was no entry in RootDSE (as per picture in documentation above),

well I added NewContextEntry, so now looks like in the doc.

 

Also tried to rename existing dc=example,dc=com   into example2:     dc=example2,dc=com  there, restarted server,

but it still shows  dc=example,dc=com  ,  not example2.

Is it cached ?

 

Cleared IE cache.  Using Win XP.  No difference, still same problem.

 

Am I doing something wrong ?

 

 

Please help !

 

(I am attaching my full server.xml.)

TIA,

Oleg.

 

 




Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
*****************************************************************************
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.