directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Reynolds" <jeffrey.james.reyno...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS and Samba
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:23:40 GMT
Howdy folks!  I realized that while I've been slamming my head against the wall trying to get
ApacheDS to authenticate for my Samba server, that the issue may be the samba schema definition.
 Everytime I try to log into using samba/apacheds, the apacheds logs so 10 entries about how
the "sambapwdhistorylength" (I may have spelled that wrong) doesn't exist.  I've read about
other such situations happening to people with different directory services, but when they
fix the schema it works.  I figure that all I ahve to do is open Apache Directory Studio and
throw it in, but I have no real experience in the subject of schema modification.  If anyone
has any suggestions, I'd be more then happy to hear them.

Jeff