directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Reynolds" <jeffrey.james.reyno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and Samba
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 04:29:45 GMT
This has taken a longer time to write then I wanted, but I had to let
everyone know that so far, this seem to have corrected the issue.  I have
downloaded the source, recreated the directory structure jdbmstore
component, complied it with maven (mvn, doesn't seem to be in the CentOS
repos but it was easy enough to just download and configure), and recomplie
that component after correcting the bug.  It wasn't 100% clear, but just
changing one word from "remove" to "add" seems to ahve done the trick.
After that, I shutdown Apache DS, replaced the .jar file, restarted, and now
newly added objectClasses can be referenced by ldapsearches.  One other
point, I have a ton of users to sync NT passwords with userPasswords.  I
used a combination of Self Serve Password tool from the LDAP Toolbox, and a
binary that creates the hashes for NT passwords.

You see, one issue I was having was that Samba wanted to use sambaNTPasswd
to authenticate users.  I didn't want to have people maintain two separate
passwords, and SSP can be used to cahnge both at the same time.
Unfortunately, SSP uses an out of date method to generate the hash, so I had
to intergate another program (mkntpwd) to generate the NT password from the
user input and save it as the appropriate field.  Sorry I can't go into more
detail, but after a bit of googling php I'm sure most people shold be able
to put together a working solution!

-Cheers

Jeff