directory-users mailing list archives

From Mat Gessel <mat.ges...@gmail.com>
Subject Search result is empty when authenticating with user's DN
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:16:02 GMT
Do I need to do something special to allow a given user to search the directory?

I'm using Directory Studio with the embedded server. Search returns 1
entry when I bind with the built-in admin (uid=admin,ou=system).
Search returns 0 entries when I bind (successfully) with the DN of
another user. The user and search base are contained by a custom
partition.

Succeeds:
> ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret -b "ou=people,o=example"
-s one "(uid=jdoe)"

Fails:
> ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "exampleid=20003,ou=people,o=example" -w secret
-b "ou=people,o=example" -s one "(uid=jdoe)"

I experience a similar problem if I create a connection in Directory
Studio using the user's DN. The result is an empty DIT in the LDAP
Browser.

--
Mat Gessel
http://www.asquare.net