directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and Samba
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 01:00:06 GMT
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Jeffrey Reynolds
<jeffrey.james.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm left with two questions, why can't Apache DS add the new attribute but LAM can
(both use the same admin dn)?

I just answer the one question: I'm afraid the problem is that Studio
caches the schema it retrieved from the server. In theory the
modifyTimestamp of the subschemaSubentry to decide if a reload is
required. But there are so many reports that it's clear that this
isn't working well. To fix that you can always reload the schema
manually, e.g. in the connection properties [1].

HTH,
Stefan

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_connection_properties.html#tools_connection_properties_schema