directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and Samba
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:03:34 GMT
On 4/14/11 8:23 PM, Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
> Howdy folks!  I realized that while I've been slamming my head against the wall trying
to get ApacheDS to authenticate for my Samba server, that the issue may be the samba schema
definition.  Everytime I try to log into using samba/apacheds, the apacheds logs so 10 entries
about how the "sambapwdhistorylength" (I may have spelled that wrong) doesn't exist.  I've
read about other such situations happening to people with different directory services, but
when they fix the schema it works.  I figure that all I ahve to do is open Apache Directory
Studio and throw it in, but I have no real experience in the subject of schema modification.
 If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more then happy to hear them.

> Jeff
Hi,

you can replace the samba schema we provide by the one the Samba team is
maintaining, or you can add the missing attribute type in the existing
samba.schema file.

You can follow the steps described in
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/31-add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Note that you must also enable the samba schema if you want to use it.

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,