directory-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Reynolds" <jeffrey.james.reyno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and Samba
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:38:01 GMT
Ok,

Using Apache Directory Studio, it was very easy to create to schema attributes.  I created
a sambaPwdHistoryLength attribute with a new OID (just added one to the last number of the
other samba attributes), and then I opened the objectClasses container to add my new attribute
to the sambaDomain object.  After going through some Googling, I understand now that ApacheDS
doesn't use actual schema files, but all schema information is held in metadata inside the
partition directory (which for me is /var/lib/apacheds/default/partitions.  However, even
though I have added the attribute definition to the schema, and added the attribute as a m-may
value under the sambaDomain object class, I still can't add a sambaPwdHistoryLength value
under my sambaDomain object.  I've tried deleting the object and remaking it and restarting
the ApacheDS service.  Is there anywhere else that I have to specify this attribute, or any
other configurations to undergo?

Thanks for any information, and thanks to Emmanuel for the quick response. -Jeff