directory-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Community] Proposals for those interested in participating
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:21:46 GMT
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Stefano Gargiulo <rastrano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interesting! Proposal #1 Will rock (world need this kind of webapps)
> and also the new api is a great thing for who wants to write a custom user
> management interface (i need this, for now i wrote one in php but i will be
> very happy to switch to your ldap api when mature)

Hi Stefano,

It would be great to have you involved. Just one point, the API is pretty
close to being solid at least with M2. There might be another milestone or
two but the changes will not be that massive so you can start using M2 as
soon as we release it here in a few days.

The idea is to use as many of the API features as you can in your
application. Should be fun!

Also Emmanuel posted about a RAP application. Let me address both of you
here. The RAP application I think will be pretty heavy. Then again it might
not be who knows. But having a project like this directly using the LDAP API
will I think be lighter and might even be embedded as an optional
application in the Jetty server running inside ApacheDS. The idea is not
just administration but also to use the application for self service.

Plus a part of this is for you to push us on the LDAP API. If it cannot do
some things for you you need to complain and force us to rectify it.

Regards,
Alex