directory-users mailing list archives

From Hasini Gunasinghe <has...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Log message printed continuously after querying embedded-ldap server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 06:39:52 GMT
Hi,

I have been using apacheds 1.5.7. I went through the code where the above
log message is printed and found that it is being printed from the following
code segment in LdapRequestHandler's handleMessage method.

if( ldapSession == null )
        {
            // in some cases the session is becoming null though the client
is sending the UnbindRequest
            // before closing
            LOG.info( "ignoring the message {} received from null session",
message  );
            return;
        }

I am trying to understand what the comment line in the above code segment
says:
Could I please know when the session can become null, and what is the unbind
request that a client sends, as mentioned in the comment above?

Thanks i advance,
Hasini.