directory-users mailing list archives

From Hasini Gunasinghe <has...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Log message printed continuously after querying embedded-ldap server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:46:00 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 3/2/11 7:39 AM, Hasini Gunasinghe wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using apacheds 1.5.7. I went through the code where the above
>> log message is printed and found that it is being printed from the
>> following
>> code segment in LdapRequestHandler's handleMessage method.
>>
>> if( ldapSession == null )
>>         {
>>             // in some cases the session is becoming null though the
>> client
>> is sending the UnbindRequest
>>             // before closing
>>             LOG.info( "ignoring the message {} received from null
>> session",
>> message  );
>>             return;
>>         }
>>
>> I am trying to understand what the comment line in the above code segment
>> says:
>> Could I please know when the session can become null, and what is the
>> unbind
>> request that a client sends, as mentioned in the comment above?
>>

> If your client disconnect immediately after having sent an UnbindRequest,
> the session will be null, as the disconnection will be processed faster than
> the UnbindRequest.
>
> You can ignore the message, it's an INFO level log.

Thanks a lot for the response.
But I do not specify any disconnect operation in the code (which connects to
and queries embedded-ldap).
Could I please know what might be causing a disconnection, if I do not
specifically mention in code to close the connection?

Even after the above log, I can continue perform operation on LDAP, without
re-establishing a connection to LDAP, which seems that a disconnection to
LDAP has not happened.

Thanks again,
Hasini.