directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apacheds for authetication in Debian
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:52:16 GMT
On 3/17/11 5:38 PM, Ricardo Román Brenes wrote:
> im not gonna start a fight with some kind of stranger over the internet but.
> i was precise and explicit, this aint for home work and im not crying for
> help, i asked though the offial media of support of this software.

"My problem is taht i have to configure this server i have installed to be

able to serve usernames and passwords to the cluster nodes.

I have installed the software and apacheds is running on port 389.

What do i have to do to make a base DC and users that follow the
PosixAccount in LDAP?"

It's neither precise, nor explicit. *Assuming* you had a previous Fedora-DS server installed,
I *thought* you were using it to manage your users. If so, the only thing missing was to enable
the NIS schema in ApacheDS, and of course inject your entries into the server. My answer was
based on assumptions, not facts.

Then you posted
"i have changed the m-disabled to FALSE as it said on the link emmanuelle
showed me (thanks) but now what? How do i make something like "dc=myown" and
then make a user there following the PosixAccount?"

which makes no sense to me. Its vague, non explicit and impossible to answer with accuracy.
In fact, here again, I *assumed* you needed some tight directions on LDAP, not on ApacheDS.

I'm not blaming you here, not I want to start a fight, I have no time for that i'm just trying
to drive you out of a dead-end : the most precious resource in OSS is time, so please be explicit,
and you not only will save my time, but also yours.

Thanks to understand my POV.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,