directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Community] Proposals for those interested in participating
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:58:08 GMT
On 3/1/11 5:50 PM, Stefano Gargiulo wrote:
> Very interesting! Proposal #1 Will rock (world need this kind of webapps)
> and also the new api is a great thing for who wants to write a custom user
> management interface (i need this, for now i wrote one in php but i will be
> very happy to switch to your ldap api when mature)

I would add something regarding the Web UI : we would be very interested
in using Eclipse RAP [1] to get the current Apache Studio application
available as a Web UI, with the same look and feel. We have already
conducted some experiments the last two years, and we know we aren't too
far from being able to provide a single applications which can be used
either as a standalone application, or as a plugin inside eclipse, or
thanks to RAP, as a web UI.

What would be absolutely great would be to see if this can be done with
the current version (RAP 1.4-M6 is announced for march 18), and what are
the impacts on the current application.

Maybe Pierre-Arnaud or Stefan can elaborate a bit more on this.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,