directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache DS to Authenticate Samba
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 22:16:26 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Jeffre Reynolds wrote:
<snip>
>  Any information on the subject would be very helpful, or even a good place to go to
try to find out more about how to integrate ApacheDS with Samba.

I'm no Samba expert (and I think most readers of this list are
neither). But I doubt your problem is ApacheDS specific. As far as I
know Samba can just use any LDAP server as backend. So I think you
could try to adapt other documentation on how to integrate Samba+LDAP
to ApacheDS ([1][2] are just two examples). In any case the Samba
mailing lists [3] should be a good resource.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/10.10/serverguide/C/samba-ldap.html
[2] http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba