directory-users mailing list archives

From Cristiano GaviĆ£o <cvgav...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire password
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:05:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm studying DS and Studio 1.5.7. I'm using a MacOSX 10.6.
I've created my first server (on localhost and I've put dns on etc/hosts)
containing two partitions: system and mycompany. I've created o=mycompany
context with two units: ou=users and ou=groups.

It's was nice and easy to create and connect to and search my new ldap
tree... :-)

But this first time I was using simple mechanism and I want something a
little more secure. So, I've decide to setup DIGEST-MD5 mechanism and I've
changed server.xml with this:
Host: ldap.mycompany.com
Principal: ldap/ldap.mycompany.com@MYCOMPANY.COM
BaseDN: ou=users,o=mycompany

I've remove the users that I've create before and created new ones and setup
userPassword to a MD5 new one.

Well, no so easy this time... doesn't work using both java Ldap api or
studio connection. I'm getting the same error:

   LDAP: error code 49 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire
password for johnUser in realm : MYCOMPANY.COM

and I can't find anything about the problem on net.

I don't know more what to do. Could anyone help me with this please?

thanks a lot

Cristiano