directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] roadmap
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:09:56 GMT
On 2/25/11 10:40 AM, Laurent DIAZ wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am seeking for the roadmap of ApacheDS and I can't find it.
> We wish to use apacheDS into production environment to replace OpenLDAP server.
> So we need information to progress.
> Do you plan an 1.5.8 or 2.0 version ? We need also a release date if planned ?
There won't be any 1.5.8 version. We are moving toward a direct 2.0 version.

We still don't have a roadmap available, but we have a list of
milestones to met before having this 2.0 out :
- first we have to stabilize the LDAP API. Currently, a 1.0-M1 has been
released last week, but it's really far away from what we expect, so we
haven't advertized the world about it. We expect to have a 1.0-RC1 out
by end of march, may be earlier
- once this Ldap API 1.0-RC1 is out, we will be able to start thinking
about releasing an ApacheDS 2.0-M1 out. It won't be feature complete,
but in many respects, it will be better than the current 1.5.7 version.
- if all goes well, we might have a Apache DS 2.0-RC1 out this summer.

All those dates are purely informative, don't expect us to met them if
we face some serious issue, as we always favor quality over release...

In any case, we are very committed in delivering a production ready
Apache DS 2.0 version as soon as possible.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,