directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Edwards <Paul.Edwa...@hyro.com>
Subject Pluggable Authenticators
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 03:49:07 GMT
Guys,

Quick question about authenticators. As it currently stands in version 1.5.8-SNAPSHOT, if
I want to do my own authenticator, then I have to modify the apacheDS code. Looking through
the delegatedAuthenticator, I can see that:
core-annotations/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/factory/DSAnnotationProcessor.java
core-annotations/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/annotations/CreateAuthenticator.java

have custom handling for the DelegatedAuthenticator. The serviceBuilder also has custom handling
to allow the delegated authenticator to work. As far as I can see, there is no easy way to
just extend the authenticator and use it.

I hope I haven't I missed anything in my analysis of apacheds.  If I haven't then do you intend
to change this? If so, how soon?

What I'm trying to achieve is pass through authentication, which I've managed with the DelegatedAuthenticator.
However, I also need to check some other things as part of the authentication, before return
ok. The easiest way would be to extend the delegatedAuthenticator, but I see no easy way of
achieving that.

--
Paul Edwards
Solutions Engineer