directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Edwards <Paul.Edwa...@hyro.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS and other backends
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:16:56 GMT
Cool thanks for that, I now have it running in a way I want. (I'm starting it from spring,
had to override the ApacheDSService class so that I could inject InstanceLayout as you can't
pass an arg to an init method)

So I'm back to the original problem. I'm no longer sure how to configure the pass through
authenticator so that I can auth against AD. Also probably going to want to know who to configure
a custom partition.

I assume that http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-partition-for-apacheds.html
is still current enough for partition creation?
--
Paul Edwards
Solutions Engineer
Identity Solutions Practice
hyro
W www.hyro.com

From: mail@stefan-seelmann.de [mail@stefan-seelmann.de] On Behalf Of Stefan Seelmann [seelmann@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, 17 January 2011 7:05 p.m.
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheDS and other backends

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Paul Edwards <Paul.Edwards@hyro.com> wrote:
> Right, I have checked out the trunk from SVN. I have built it, and installed it into
my local maven repository.

> I started trying to stand up a server. However I having issues with the server.xml, and
the xsd required to parse it.

Current trunk doesn't use a server.xml any more. Instead the
configuration is stored in ApacheDS.

In apacheds/service you get all to startup the server with its default
configuration, you can use the apacheds.sh or apacheds.bat script from
command line. Once started you can access the configuration below
ou=config using an LDAP browser. The configuration is stored in an
LDIF file: apacheds/service/target/instance/conf/config.ldif. Please
note that everything below target may be deleted when you rebuild the
server ;-)

There is no (or not much) documentation about the new configuration
yet, so please browse the configuration and ask if you have any
question.

Kind Regards,
Stefan