directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Edwards <>
Subject ApacheDS and other backends
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:34:33 GMT

I'm hoping someone can shed light on whether I can use apacheDS as a frontend to other directories
or possibly even a database. I have a scenario where I want to put apacheDS as a front to
ADLDS. (cut down active directory). I'm wanting to do authentication against ADLDS, and then
do some of my own stuff.

I cannot see anything in the docs about using apacheds as a front to another directory service.
Is this possible? I do however see notes about writing a new interceptor that can do pass
through authentication to another ldap service. Are people able to shed more light on this?

Paul Edwards
Solutions Engineer
Identity Solutions Practice

View raw message