directory-users mailing list archives

From Paul Edwards <Paul.Edwa...@hyro.com>
Subject ApacheDS and other backends
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:34:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can shed light on whether I can use apacheDS as a frontend to other directories
or possibly even a database. I have a scenario where I want to put apacheDS as a front to
ADLDS. (cut down active directory). I'm wanting to do authentication against ADLDS, and then
do some of my own stuff.

I cannot see anything in the docs about using apacheds as a front to another directory service.
Is this possible? I do however see notes about writing a new interceptor that can do pass
through authentication to another ldap service. Are people able to shed more light on this?

Thanks
--
Paul Edwards
Solutions Engineer