directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and other backends
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:05:19 GMT
Hi Paul,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Paul Edwards <Paul.Edwards@hyro.com> wrote:
> Right, I have checked out the trunk from SVN. I have built it, and installed it into
my local maven repository.

> I started trying to stand up a server. However I having issues with the server.xml, and
the xsd required to parse it.

Current trunk doesn't use a server.xml any more. Instead the
configuration is stored in ApacheDS.

In apacheds/service you get all to startup the server with its default
configuration, you can use the apacheds.sh or apacheds.bat script from
command line. Once started you can access the configuration below
ou=config using an LDAP browser. The configuration is stored in an
LDIF file: apacheds/service/target/instance/conf/config.ldif. Please
note that everything below target may be deleted when you rebuild the
server ;-)

There is no (or not much) documentation about the new configuration
yet, so please browse the configuration and ask if you have any
question.

Kind Regards,
Stefan