directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't Start ApachedDS 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 21:08:39 GMT
On 1/7/11 9:41 PM, Styssi Slater wrote:
> The client server connection is working now. I don't know why it didn't work
> from the beginning. I used port 10389 and no_encryption.

May be you started the server using the apacheds user. In this case, the
389 port will be rejected, as it's a priviledged port (only root can
open it).

Try to launch the server using sudo, if you want to use 389.
> Thank you very much for your help.
> Still it would be very interesting for me to find out why it didn't work with
> the 64 bit version.
We haven't had the opportunity to test the 64 bit version extensively,
it's very likely that it's a bug.

May I suggest you create a JIRA and add the information you collected ?
That would help us to deal with this problem before the next release !

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,