directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5.7 and example.com not showing up...
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:31:31 GMT
On 1/6/11 5:15 PM, Heizer, Charles wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm going through the "Basic User Guide" and I'm not sure what's going on.
> I installed the ApacheDS 1.5.7 server software and using Apache Directory
> Studio got connected and changed the admin password. The next step was to
> add your own partition. So first I wanted to take a look at example.com,
> but it does not show up under DIT/Root DSE. So I looked at the server.xml
> file and the partition for example.com was there. So am I doing something
> wrong, I would think it would show up.
You have to add the associated entry. When you create a partition, the
only thing you are adding is the NamingContext (which will be visible in
the rootDSE). But there is no entry associated with this naming context.

The only thing you have to do in Studio is to right click on the top
level entry, and select the "create context entry'.
It's explained here :
http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_newcontextentry_wizard.html

hope it helps

--