directory-users mailing list archives

From Styssi Slater <stys...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't Start ApachedDS 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 20:41:13 GMT
The client server connection is working now. I don't know why it didn't work
from the beginning. I used port 10389 and no_encryption.

Thank you very much for your help.
Still it would be very interesting for me to find out why it didn't work with
the 64 bit version.

________________________________
From: Styssi Slater <styssi1@yahoo.com>
To: users@directory.apache.org
Sent: Fri, January 7, 2011 9:38:06 PM
Subject: Re: Can't Start ApachedDS 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit

This is the stacktrace I get when I try to connect to the apacheds server

- Connection refused: connect (<IP_OF_SERVER_HIDDEN>:389)
  javax.naming.CommunicationException: <IP_OF_SERVER_HIDDEN>:389 [Root exception

is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
    at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
    at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper$6.run(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:872)

    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:1272)

    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.doConnect(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:914)

    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.jndi.JNDIConnectionWrapper.connect(JNDIConnectionWrapper.java:209)

    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.CheckNetworkParameterRunnable.run(CheckNetworkParameterRunnable.java:80)

    at
org.apache.directory.studio.connection.ui.RunnableContextRunner$1.run(RunnableContextRunner.java:123)

    at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.createSocket(Unknown Source)
    ... 20 more