directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Huber" <sty...@web.de>
Subject Can't Start ApachedDS 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:05:09 GMT
Hi,

I just installed the apacheDS 1.5.7 the following way

1. Download apacheds.bin for 64 bit Linux system

2. Changed the permissions of the file as follows.

chmod u+x apacheds-1.5.7-x86_64.bin

3. Change to root and run the installer as follows.

./apacheds-1.5.5-x86_64.bin

4. I picked the following installation directories.

a) Where do you want to install Apache DS? => /etc/apacheds-1.5.7

b) Where do you want to install Apache DS instances =>
/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.7

c) What name do you want for the default instance => default

d) Where do you want to install the startup script => /etc/init.d

Step 1-4 worked fine without any error messages.

5. Next I entered the following command as root.

/etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.7-default start

After executing step 5 I get the following message

Starting Apache Directory Server - default...

/etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.7-default: line 458:
/etc/apacheds-1.5.7/bin/apacheds: No such file or directory

Can anyone give me an advice on what I did wrong?

Thanks

Styssi