directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: apacheds rpm starting on server bootup fails because I did not provide the INSTANCE argument.
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:24:12 GMT
Hi Jason,

On 16 déc. 2010, at 13:14, Jason Pell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a look at the script and I could certainly "hack" it to not
> expect a $2 argument, but I would prefer to know if there is a way to
> configure the script so that I can start my "default" instance on
> startup.  If I install the .bin version of the software this works out
> of the box.

Happy to know this one works great at least. :)

> I am confused why a RPM /etc/init.d/apacheds script is provided that
> does not actually work out of the box?

Probably because it's a bug... It's sometimes tricky to maintain this set of native installers.
Sorry about that...

a few weeks ago, I reviewed all installers on all platforms in the current subversion trunk
for ApacheDS 2.0 and they should all be fine now (RPM included).

In the meantime, you'll need to specifically edit the script as you described above.

You might want to create a new JIRA issue about the issue, this way we could keep track on
that and test it again just before a future release.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud