directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSSAPI Binds to Directory Studio
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:05:39 GMT
Hi Bill,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Looks like Directory Studio is not finding my ticket cache.  I would
> expect it to follow the KRB5CCNAME environment variable.  Is there
> some other way to point Directory Studio at my ticket cache?

Studio uses JNDI which uses JAAS underneath which doesn't look to the
KRB5CCNAME environment variable by default, see [1] for details.

There are several workarounds, the easiest should be to append the
following argument when starting Studio:

    -Duser.krb5ccname=$KRB5CCANME

You can also create an ".ApacheDirectoryStudio.ini" file in the Studio
installation directory (assumed you are using Linux) and put the
argument into it, but then you can't use the $KRB5CCANME variable.

Hope that helps,
Stefan

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6832353