directory-users mailing list archives

From Hasini Gunasinghe <has...@wso2.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Initializing custom partitions after server starts up
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 08:39:07 GMT
Hi,

I am using an embedded ApacheDS instance in a programme.
My requirement is as follows: I create and add a partition while the server
is running which works fine. And when the server is shut down and started
the next time, that partition is not automatically initialized in the
directory service. Therefore I need to add that partition from existing
partition directory (which were created earlier) and which resides in the
working directory of the server.
I used the setPartitions method of DirectoryService for this. It only works
if we use it before the server is started. If I try to use it after the
server is started, existing partitions are not initialized.

Any help in figuring out the proper way to do this is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hasini.