directory-users mailing list archives

From Aaron J Angel <thatone...@aaronjangel.us>
Subject Re: How to create new instance in trunk
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 01:36:50 GMT
On 9/27/2010 7:42 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>  On 9/28/10 1:07 AM, Aaron J Angel wrote:
>> How does one create a new instance with trunk's new configuration
>> method? Do I just clone the original configuration files/directory
>> structure?
>
> The best would be to have a look at the ConfigPartitionReaderTest.java
> class, where a server is started from scratch, reading everything from
> the configuration you provide.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/server-config/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/config/ConfigPartitionReaderTest.java?view=markup

All I've gotten from the source is that ads-directoryServiceId=default
is all that matters.  So how is a separate instance configured, if there
are no other directoryServiceIds?  Pre 1.5.8, this was done with a
separate directory with its own server.xml file.  Is this similar with
1.5.8+?

For example, let's say I want to run a KDC for two separate suffices,
o=Org1 and o=Org2. Given that the KDC server will only search users from
within one container, how do I spawn a second instance of the KDC with
its own configuration options?