directory-users mailing list archives

From Sudheer Kumar <sudheerarim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why ApacheDS server log says WARN: OID for name .... was not found within the OID registry
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 04:53:18 GMT
>note that 1.5.5 doesn't support auto-indexing, i.e if some data already exists
>before creating a new index then that index won't contain entries for
>existing data.
>Always define indexes before adding any data.

>P.S:- this has been fixed in current trunk

Thank you for your reply. However, I still did not get it right.  I applied
my schema to ApacheDS and then added the attributes to the jdbmindexing then
restarted it, I hadn't added any data to ApacheDS. Please give me
instructions to add new attributes to ApacheDS and make them indexable in
ApacheDS 1.5.5. Am I doing something wrong while adding attributes to
ApacheDS? How can I enable some of the schemas available in the schema list?

P.S We cannot jump to next version currently.  I am sure that there must be
a way to add custom attributes to be indexable. Please help.

Thanks