directory-users mailing list archives

From "David A. Parker" <dpar...@utica.edu>
Subject Problem with Active Directory and referrals
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:11:00 GMT
Hello,

I use Apache Directory Studio with both Sun Directory Server Enterprise
Edition and Microsoft Active Directory.  When I search Active Directory,
I have to remember to select the "Ignore referrals" option each time.
If I leave it set to "Follow referrals automatically" (the default),
then I get three pop-ups in a row asking me which connection I want to
use to handle the next referral, and I have to select my Active
Directory connection for each one.

I do not get this behavior with our Sun directory.  The "Follow
referrals automatically" option seems to work just fine.

Does anyone know why Active Directory is causing this behavior.  Is
there a way to make "Ignore referrals" the default option when searching AD?

     Thanks,
     Dave

--

Dave Parker