directory-users mailing list archives

From Jason Russler <jruss...@helix.nih.gov>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Hash question
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:08:06 GMT

> Im using OpenLDAP (slapd) and they support shadow hashes at least for
> MD5,SMD5,SHA1,SSHA1.
> You just need to put the correct tag in front of your [salted] hash
> value from /etc/shadow before saving it to userPassword attribute.
>
> Regards, Linus

Yeah, it also comes with migration scripts.  I'm trying to decide on
which LDAP server to use at our site.  We're running RedHat 5, which
means I'll have to build OpenLDAP, along with some dependencies to get
multi-mastering.  Which is fine, but the cleanest solution wins in this
case.  I may have to go the OpenLDAP  direction though to keep migration
easy.  Thanks for your help!

-Jason