directory-users mailing list archives

From Owen Jacobson <owen.jacob...@grimoire.ca>
Subject apacheds-maven-plugin
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 19:53:08 GMT
Hi there,

I'm a big believer in black-box testing, and my application uses LDAP as a user store. The
embedded ApacheDS support is great, but it's not very black-box if you have to modify the
app to add a directory server. Since I use maven, I put together a maven plugin that runs
ApacheDS within the build. It'll go into central sometime in the next 24 hours.

A simple example:

            <plugin>
                <groupId>ca.grimoire.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>apacheds-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.1</version>

                <configuration>
                    <partitions>
                        <partition>
                            <id>example.com</id>
                            <baseDn>dc=example,dc=com</baseDn>
                        </partition>
                    </partitions>
                    <ldifDirectory>\${baseDir}/src/test/ldif/example.com.ldif</ldifDirectory>
                </configuration>

                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>start-apache-ds</id>