directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio - Problem using Kerberos
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:06:52 GMT
Hi Robert,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Robert Krummenacker <bobk@datadg.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to make use of Kerberos authentication within Apache
> Directory Studio (into Apache DS - same machine)
> I have followed the instructions as given by
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/543-kerberos-in-apacheds-155.html
>
> Major issue (see log) - *** No server entry found for kerberos principal
> name ldap/127.0.0.1@EXAMPLE.COM ***
>
> Using -
> Apache Directory Studio Version 1.5.3.v20100330
> Apache DS : 1.5.7
> Operating System : Windows Server 2008 - 64bit

This is a feature of Windows 7 and Server 2008, where 127.0.0.1 can't
be resolved to localhost :-/

As a workaround please replace all occurrences of 'localhost' in
config files (server.xml, krb5.conf) and the demo LDIF (especially the
krbPrincipalName of the LDAP service) with your real hostname (or with
127.0.0.1).

Hope that helps,
Stefan