directory-users mailing list archives

From Brad <apache...@javawork.co.uk>
Subject replication support in 1.5.7
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:56:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'm interested in the current level of support for replication in
directory server. On the surface it appears to be supported - I can
find mailing list threads discussing configuration of mitosis and
there's a heading for it in the advanced users' guide.

However, I've seen comments in some JIRA entries which suggest that
replication is not currently supported, an example being the comments
on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1277:

November 2008
Mitosis will be reviewed from top to bottom in the 1.5.7 release
(probably within the next 4 months)

August 2009
Moved to 2.0.0-RC1, we won't release a 1.5.7

May 2010
Mitosis is unsupported and has been removed from trunk.
There is a new replication system in the trunk based on RFC4533.
Closing this issue

Another example, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1227
(marked as fixed in 2.0.0-RC1)

May 2010
This is no longer valid as we don't use mitosis and the new
replication system sends data using LDAP protocol

The impression I get from these comments is that replication has been
removed and will not be available until a 2.x version is released.

Can someone from the project team give a definitive answer - is
replication supported in the current release 1.5.7?

Thanks,
Brad.