directory-users mailing list archives

From "Wasscher, Ewald" <Ewald.Wassc...@getronics.com>
Subject RE: Error message: ERR_00004 The PDU buffer size is too small !
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:35:52 GMT
Hi again,

I will provide an LDIF for an entry that caused problems, but once ADS has been restarted
the operation (view, add attributes) proceeds just fine for the same entry. Maybe I misunderstood,
but I left out an LDIF as you suggested because, for a specific entry, the issue seems to
disappear after restarting ADS (which I interpreted as "NOT always the same entry").

Although I don't completely understand your remark considering the clients I can say three
clients are used with problems occurring with the last two of those having issues. The clients
are:
- A (smart-)Card Management System (creating initial entries without certificates)
- Some special software (which adds the issued certificates to the entries created by the
CMS)
- Apache Directory Studio (for management)

What I find interesting is that the issue only appears when the certificate is or has been
added to the entry which causes the entry to become a lot bigger. That's why I set the max
PDU size to a (very) large value.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Ewald Wasscher

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny [mailto:elecharny@apache.org]
Sent: donderdag 23 september 2010 15:41
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error message: ERR_00004 The PDU buffer size is too small !

  On 9/23/10 3:32 PM, Wasscher, Ewald wrote:
> Good day Emmanuel,
>
> Thank you for the reply, I just created this entry:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1556

Thanks for that !
> And the "burden" is no problem. Personally I hate it when users complain "it doesn't
work" without giving information, so I understand your question completely.
It's still a problem, because if the server is unable to generate a
correct PDU for a simple request, then your clients are unlikely to be
the one having issues with the server...

What could really help here is a LDIF for the entry that cause the
problem (Of course, if there are some confidentiality issues, something
I can understand, please contact me directly to see what we can do).

Many thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,