directory-users mailing list archives

From "David A. Parker" <dpar...@utica.edu>
Subject Re: Version string in exported LDIF files
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:02:02 GMT
On 09/04/2010 04:19 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> On 8/25/10 8:21 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>>> I have used Apache Directory Studio for a while now, and it seems
>>> that in
>>> one of the more recent releases, a version line has been added to the
>>> LDIF
>>> output file if you export a record. The file used to just start with
>>> the DN
>>> line of the first record. Is there a way to suppress the version line?
>> Yes, that was added with version 1.5.0, see
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-486.
>>
>> There is now way to supress the version line during export, please
>> file a new issue.
>
> s/now/no/
>
> The 'version: 1' line is mandatory per RFC 2849 :
>
> ldif-file = ldif-content / ldif-changes
>
> ldif-content = version-spec 1*(1*SEP ldif-attrval-record)
>
> version-spec = "version:" FILL version-number

Hello,

Thanks for the information, I did not realize that it was actually
specified in the RFC.  It makes sense that this was be added to
Directory Studio to make it's LDIF output standards compliant.  However,
it would still be nice to have the option to suppress this line, similar
to how the ldapsearch command gives you the -LLL option, for example.

The main reason I asked the question originally was because I had some
Perl scripts which parsed LDIF files exported from Directory Studio, and
the addition of the version line and the blank line that follows it
broke those scripts.  I was able to update the scripts and fix the
problem without any trouble, but I was surprised that this change in
Directory Studio was not accompanied by an option to use the old behavior.

I did file a new issue in JIRA, per Stefan's recommendation.

     Thanks,
     Dave

--

Dave Parker