directory-users mailing list archives

From LAFEUILLADE Paul <plafeuill...@softwaymedical.fr>
Subject RE: filter
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:57:42 GMT
I try to do the first if, look if a person belong to an ou.
I tell to my boss that is not possible (yet) on ADS

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@apache.org]
Envoyé : lundi 16 août 2010 15:55
Cc : users@directory.apache.org
Objet : Re: filter

  On 8/16/10 3:24 PM, LAFEUILLADE Paul wrote:
> So I can't filter on the dn because to make this I can only use extensibleMatchingRule???
Let me extrapolate.

*if* what you want to do is to find an entry in the DIT when the entry's
DN contains some specific attributeType and value, like :

entry1 : cn=john doe,ou=people,dc=acme,dc=com
entry2 : cn=john doe,ou=robot,dc=acme,dc=com

with the following filter :
(&(ou:dn:=people)(cn=john doe))

then you won't find any entry using this request, while you would have
expected to get entry1 only (because entry2's dn does not contain ou=people)

Now, *if* what you want to do is to find an entry which has one
Attribute's value contaning a specific D, that's another story.

Suppose that you have such an entry :
dn: cn=test,ou=Groups,dc=acme,dc=com
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
cn: test
uniqueMember: uid=jdoe1,ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=jdoe2,ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=jane,ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com
uniqueMember: uid=john,ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com

then a filter like (uniqueMember=uid=ja*) will give you back the entry,
while (uniqueMember=uid=k*) will not find it.

Not sure what kind of search you really want to do though... If you
could be a bit more explicit, that could help...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,