directory-users mailing list archives

From William Dauphin <wddaup...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] set admin password
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:01:53 GMT

Well I am writing an installation package that installs many parts (jre, Apache Server, ApacheDS,
Tomcat, web application...) and am attempting to require as few installer UI's and other tools
(Studio) from showing up on top of my installer.  That is why I am trying to get a command
line tool to work.

Thanks,
Doug

> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 01:12:47 +0530
> Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] set admin password
> From: kayyagari@apache.org
> To: users@directory.apache.org
>
> hi William,
>
> sadly the tools project was not updated in a long time as we decided to
> focus on more important issues.
>
> Did you try studio to import data?
>
> Kiran Ayyagari
>

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM, William Dauphin <wddauphin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure if this is the right place for this question or not:
> >
> > So I am trying to use the apacheds-tools to change the admin password via the command
line by doing:

> > java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -f ..\..\modify_attribute.ldif -w secret --e
> >
> > with the following ldif file contents:
> >
> > dn: uid=admin,ou=system
> > changetype: modify
> > replace: userPassword
> > userPassword: testing
> >
> > But get the following excpetion:
> >
> > log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.bind.SimpleAuthentication).
> > log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
> > Exception in thread "main" org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.codec.EncoderException:
The PDU buffer size is too small !