directory-users mailing list archives

From William Dauphin <>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] set admin password
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 19:38:40 GMT

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question or not:
So I am trying to use the apacheds-tools to change the admin password via the command line
by doing:
java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -f ..\..\modify_attribute.ldif -w secret --e
with the following ldif file contents:
dn: uid=admin,ou=system
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: testing
But get the following excpetion:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (
Exception in thread "main" The PDU
buffer size is too small !
Any ideas why I get this error?