directory-users mailing list archives

From William Dauphin <wddaup...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] set admin password
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 19:38:40 GMT

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question or not:

So I am trying to use the apacheds-tools to change the admin password via the command line
by doing:

java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -f ..\..\modify_attribute.ldif -w secret --e

with the following ldif file contents:

dn: uid=admin,ou=system
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: testing

But get the following excpetion:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.bind.SimpleAuthentication).
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.codec.EncoderException: The PDU
buffer size is too small !
        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.modify.ModifyRequestCodec.encode(ModifyRequestCodec.java:499)
        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessageCodec.encode(LdapMessageCodec.java:677)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.changeModifyEntry(ImportCommand.java:445)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.changeEntry(ImportCommand.java:497)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.execute(ImportCommand.java:697)
        at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ApachedsTools.main(ApachedsTools.java:118)

Any ideas why I get this error?

Thanks,
Doug